Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Top 10 Lists to date.....

Here is my top ten lists off the top of my head....

Favorite Walt Disney World Attractions....(No commentary really needed on these)

10) Spaceship Earth
9) Rockn' Roller coaster
8) Space Mountain
7) Jungle Cruise
6) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
5) Expedition Everest
4) Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
3) Pirates of the Caribbean
2) Splash Mountain
1) Haunted Mansion


Now for the negative side.  The 10 attractions that if I miss on a visit I am okay with....or just plain will never ride again.

10)  Soarin' ....Never ridden this ride yet.  And it doesn't look all the great.  I'm kinda over the motion simulator type rides and they tend to sometimes make my stomach a bit sour.  The ride cars look pretty cook and innovative but the show its combined with....not interested.  If I never ride it I'm okay with that!

9) Mission Space:  Been on this one once, and with MUCH hesitation because extreme spinney rides make me sick.  So I tried the calmer side.  I thought that giving everyone a job was pretty cool(I was the navigator) and that seemed like a nod to the Horizons attractrion it replaced when you got to choose your ending.  The exterior of the building is quite spectacular I might Add.  I would ride this one again, but if I miss it, no big deal!

8) Test Track:  I have been on this one twice.  Each time waited  in a longer line than most (and both time was during WDWs slower days of the year).  It was pretty dull in my opinion.  Nothing about this ride you cannot experience driving a convertible car......I just think this one I will skip and find some other hidden gems in Ecpot I have never done or see a show instead.

7) Ellen's Energy Adventure:  This was actually very entertaining, and who doesn't like the dinosaur part at the end!  But it is SO long that I think I will skip this one from now on....unless I get brave enough to ride Mission Space Orange Team and get sick and need to sit down for an hour in air conditioning.

6) Many adventures of Winnie the Pooh:  Never been on this one.  I have never liked the Winnie the Pooh stories, either as a kid and today.  Plus it took the place of one of my favorite fun dark rides in the park.  Mr Toad's Wild ride.  Out of my dislike for the story, and my bitterness of the ride it replaced being gone I make it a point to try to never ride this ride..... I'm sure once my nephew gets old enough to go to Disney and I am there Ill probably have to ride it for him....but I wont like it!

5) Primeval Whirl:  The ride was pretty fun actually.  But the themeing of it is so awful that I don't ever want to stroll through this section of the park again.  A sideshow carnival setting has NO place in Animal Kingdom.  The only place a ride of this low taste in themeing belongs in Downtown Disney (if at all) or perhaps better suited for DCA.  Never even want to set my eyes on this horrible section of the park much less ride anything in it!

4)  Buzz Light Year Spin:  This was kinda fun.  But just seemed like they spent all their money on the ride system and the artistry inside just seems to fall flat.  Making it seem like a second rate ride.  I will go on it again, but there is little excitement for me to do so and if some new show opens up nearby or even an eatery that I haven't been to nearby I would rather do that.

3) Enchanted Tiki Room under new management:  Horrible show.  I would only go on this again if I am feeling nostalgic to see Jose even for a minute.

2) Triceratops Spin, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Astro Orbitor.:  Been on these as a kid.  And even at my home town park in Omaha Nebraska.  This ride system is SO boring for an adult that no amount of themeing makes it better.  I also hate the fact that they keep replicating it all over the place.  The only one that has any sort of interest is the Astro Orbitor because its set up high.  Other than that...NO Thank you!

1) Stich's Great Escape: Horrible Horrible Horrible.  The Alien encounter was far superior but too scary for kids.  This is just a really really bad attraction and even though the meat of the show is still technically Alien Encounter it still has that obnoxious Stitch in it.  I will never ride this ride again....



Lastly the 10 rides I ride out of principle or there are just parts I really enjoy or is just a pleasant ride....

10) El Rio del Tiempo:  Even with the refurb with the Three Caballeros its still a pleasant little ride.  I love the beginning where you go near the temple near the restaurant and the song at the end is quite catchy even though I don't understand the language.  Its just a nice little ride that has minimal waiting time and I usually catch it every time I'm in Epcot.

9) People Mover:  Another pleasant little ride.  Just a nice ride to have a seat and check out the atmosphere of tommorwland.  They used to talk about the technology of what powers this ride and it makes me wonder why they dont make some sort of version of this ride to connect Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios with the Transportation and Ticket Center.  Supposedly was some sort of technical wonder.  I may have to just write an article about it!

8) The Living Seas with Nemo and Friends:  The technology was pretty cool with the visuals of the characters swimming around with the real fish.  However, they looks completely out of place with the real fish and these bright colorful cartoon fish.  Its just a pleasant ride...nothing more...

7) Walt Disney World Railroad:  I miss this one quite a bit but have been thinking about catching it again because I have forgotten all the little scenes along the way and am curious to see them again...plus it goes near the new Fantasyland expansion...would love to see the progress!

6) Peter Pan's Flight:  One of the originals in Fantasyland.  The scenes are quite cute, the animitronics are quite outdated but the ride system and with the visuals make it seem like your flying over London.  Just a pleasant little ride and has some coolness in it.  When the queue is low I will always ride it.

5) Carousel of Progress: A total nostalgia thing.  Its actually a pretty cute show and love the Grandma playing the virtual reality video game!  Something about the theatre moving around the center stage is kinda cool.  Usually catch it most of the time as there is never a line.

4) It's a Small World :  This ride does have an irritating factor of getting that song stuck in your head.  There are a few parts of this I really like.  When you first get into the queue and see the clock (a far less spectacular scene than its Disneyland sister) and hear the music.....its the Music that gets me, especially the way the low bass instruments echo in this large room!  Waving to the guests dining at Pinocchio's Village Haus and then entering the ride.  Some of the visuals I really like (rain forest, Hawaii, India, and the Finale)  I have missed this one a few times and was fine with it but Usually try to make it every time, really depends on who you are with.

3) Muppet Vision 3D: Love anything Muppets!  This is such a cute show and always catch it.  If I miss it then my Vacation wouldn't be ruined but I would be a little sad.  This is the only 3D Show that seems to have some longevity.  The rest of them seem to have a time stamp and become outdated...this one is still lasting!  But Muppets are timeless!

2) Maelstrom: A very short ride but love it all the same.  Its always a stop on the World Showcase tour!  It seems to be a bit dated now, especially the show at the end.  I would like to see a refurb of this ride and a new more entertaining show at the end of the ride.  Throw an animitronic or two combined with an entertaining show and this ride could see a new love from new guests.  Love the Trolls!

1) Journey into Imagination with Figment:  OK so this ride is actually horrible and blasphemy compared to the original.  If I had not seen the original I would be in the same boat and still think its a horrible ride.  The ONLY reason its at the top of this list is for nostalgia sake.  I get to see figment, hear the music from "One little spark" and remember in my head what part of the original ride the track is on.  Just a bad ride and needs a complete redo!  Even though they turned my beloved Figment into an obnoxious brat I still love what he first stood for and will always support it!  Now where is Dreamfinder?

That's my little top lists for you of my favorite attractions, hated attractions, and lovely little gems that can be missed but if you catch them they have great qualities......

No comments:

Post a Comment