Sunday, June 12, 2011

Phantasyland?


Nope, something called Phantasialand....a park in Germany.  Googling and trolling YouTube my initial reaction was "THAT'S A CHEAP COPY OF A DISNEY THEME PARK!!!!"





Then I saw some very nice things!

It has some great pictures of the park.

Its clear that the park has alot of work to do to actually get it to Disney standards...but it looks like they are trying.  Some of their newer attractions have some amazing themeing.  They also seem to be looking at all the details, and Disney is leaving some out as of late.  I hope the Fantasyland expansion doesn't cut any corners and cheapen the whole thing.  Phantasialand also has a LONG way to go with their animitronics as they are very choppy and some of them even look like they draped fabric over the metal and didn't bother to make it look more lifelike.  Some of their flat rides have some amazing themeing.  The top spin, and the fountains around the wave swinger were very nice and I would call those right in line if not better than some of the flat rides that Disney has come up with ( Aladdin's magic carpets, anything out of dinoland USA).

I'm sure this park is no real threat to Disney (or at least right now) but it probably has some sort of effect on Disneyland Paris, after all their prices are reported at at least half the price or less!

Here is the actual parks website  http://www.phantasialand.de/

Looks like they are on the way to having an amazing park!  I would go there for sure!  Probably over going to Disneyland Paris to see some new rides and attraction...although perhaps not since I would love to see Phantom Manor. 

Earlier I said I was pissy because it looked like they are copying Disney,  well they are its pretty clear, but I am happy to see they are focusing on the details like Disney used to....not the kind of things we see there now in certain areas of the park.  Now I say go Phantasialand!  Build an amazing park!

No comments:

Post a Comment